Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Come Thou Fount

Hey.

I don't have much to say
Grace has saved me.
Pray and read these lyrics
They will change your life
They have changed mine.

Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing: "
Come, thou Fount of every blessing,
tune my heart to sing thy grace;
streams of mercy, never ceasing,
call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it,
mount of thy redeeming love.

2. Here I raise mine Ebenezer;
hither by thy help I'm come;
and I hope, by thy good pleasure,
safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
wandering from the fold of God;
he, to rescue me from danger,
interposed his precious blood.

3. O to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above."


I have fallen, I am bruised
Sometimes it is hard to go on,
Those are the days when I lock myself in the prayer chapel and sing this song as loud as I can.
My King reigns.
Period.
End of story.

For His Glory,

Christopher Michael Thiessen

2 comments:

  1. three things:

    1. imagine my surprise when i came home and updated my blog feed to see, for the first time ever, that you'd posted!

    2. the philosophical part: 2 corinthians 12:9, as it relates to verse 3 of the song.
    "But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
    here's what i love about Jesus lately. we ARE prone to wander. there's simply no way for any person to follow Christ with their whole heart by their own power. and we know this, and we boast about it, because that's how we know what's really going on. if we could do all of this on our own, no one would ever see God because no one would ever see a need for God. and what this means for you, practically, right now, on the days you lock yourself in the prayer chapel, is that you are being given a chance to let God show Himself in your life. take it and use it however He'll let you.

    3. i'm praying for you. i know everybody says that, but seriously, i'm praying for you like four hundred and thirty-seven times a day.

    actually i'm going to have to revise what i said before and make this four things.

    4. i have a tendency to leave really long comments. sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. realization: that comment sounded bossy. sorry about that too. not intentional, because i'm fairly sure none of what i said is news to you, so...yeah. it's just what i've been thinking about.

    ReplyDelete